We understand Trust & Innovation as the search for better technical solutions, supported by the knowledge and long-term experience of our designers.
The company’s consistent emphasis on the quality and innovation of our products resulted in providing our customers with 30 European and 50 local technical approvals in 2013.
Rawlplug’s flagship products in the area of fixings are resin bonded and mechanical anchors. Our most recent market releases are the R-HPTII mechanical throughbolt featuring the highest technical parameters, and the revolutionary R-HLX Self-tapping concrete screwbolt.
Our offer of resin bonded anchors was also expanded with the polyester based, R-KEM II universal anchor which has a European Approval for 15 different substrates, as well as the quick and easy to use CFS foil tube bonded anchor. The advantage of the foil tube is a significant reduction in waste.
The innovativeness of our products is the basis of our sustainable development policy. Another new product which meets the need of reducing energy use is the innovative TFIX-8ST facade thermal insulation fixing, which completely eliminates the thermal bridges used so far.
Thanks to the policy of innovative solutions and stable development, Rawlplug’s products are more and more recognized worldwide, and the company is becoming the leader in the fixing industry and a first choice brand.
ETA for Resin Bonded anchors
In 2013 we received the ETA European technical approvals for the following chemical fixings:
- ETA-13/0585 TR23 resin bonded anchors for Ø8 - Ø32 mm diameter post- installed reinforcement bars (R-KEX-II)
- ETA-13/0454 Option 7 resin bonded anchors with internally threaded sockets in diameter M6-M16 and Ø8 - Ø32 diameter reinforcement bars installed as anchors in non-cracked concrete (R-KEX-II)
- ETA-13/0455 Option 1 resin bonded anchors with threaded bars of diameter M8 to M30 for fixings in non-cracked concrete and M8-M24 for fixing in cracked or non-cracked concrete (R-KEX-II)
Fire protection systems
We have introduced the following fire safety system product lines:
- ETA – 14/0032 Rawlplug EX Mortar: a fire protection mortar for securing flammable and inflammable pipes, and cable penetrations.
- ETA – 14/0015 Rawlplug FR Acrylic: a fire protective sealing mass for securing pipe and cable penetrations.
- ETA – 14/0036 Rawlplug FR Board: a fire protection board for securing cable penetrations and combined penetrations.
- ETA – 14/0054 Rawlplug IPT Sealant: a fire protection mass for securing cracks/movement joints.
Supporting Rawlplug’s sustainable development we designed a New Packaging and Label System – NPLS.
Features and advantages of our modern packaging – ecological and modern design:
- environmentally friendly, the cardboard boxes are fully recyclable
- low amount of eco paint used
- structure limiting the number of gluing points
- new labels in optimized sizes (types) with coloured corrosion class indicators
- QR codes linking to installation videos and other product related media
- display option for selected product lines.
The Łańcut factory specializes in the production of fasteners and special order products for the automotive industry. The newly implemented ISO/TS 16949:2009 Technical Specification engages the Group to manufacture, improve and coat its products according to the standard. Thanks to cooperation with our German business partners, Łańcut delivers products to renowned companies, such as Volkswagen, AUDI, BMW, Porsche, Opel, Ford and VOLVO.
In 2013, to optimize the production time, the Łańcut factory installed two heat treating lines, manufactured by Can-Eng. The maximum output of each line is 1800 kg/h, with an actual output contingent upon the production batch size and material – it can be assumed, that in optimal conditions both lines will allow heat treatment of approximately 900t of products per month.
Both lines have a phosphate removal washer, which allows production according to Ford specification No. AQ-150-01. Additionally, the machine meets the requirements of the CQI-9 guideline issued by the AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) organization, increasing the production capacity of automotive products.
The lines are fully monitored by a control and measurement system, and the data from every batch is archived along with heat treatment parameters, which is another requirement specified by automotive market suppliers. In terms of efficiency, one new Can-Eng line replaces three old Safed lines.
In order to achieve the highest quality and innovative anchoring solutions while also respecting the environment, Rawlplug continuously invests in the research of new technologies and new products. The Research & Development Centre in Glasgow is staffed by a team of highly experienced professionals, who work tirelessly on new innovations and product development.
DIY Packaging replacement (Schurbag)
At the beginning of 2014 we initiated a replacement of our most popular packages on the British market. As a result of investing in our own printing machine for the production of labels we will be able to react more quickly to our clients’ changing needs.
New business relationships
We are pleased to inform that we have begun collaboration with Jewson, a leading supplier of building materials with over 600 branches across the United Kingdom. Almost simultaneously we have also established cooperation with Homebase Ltd. – a leading British home enhancement retailer with over 340 stores in Great Britain and Ireland. This builds on our existing partnerships including the Kingfisher Group, which manages over 1,000 stores in nine European and Asian countries.